Dialogue-1 Arranging a Visit安排参观
- I was wondering if you would / could lend me a million bucks, you know, I’m trying to start / run my own business.
我想知道你是否能够借给我一百万美金,你知道,我正在创业。
- Take off your tie before cooking. 做饭前摘掉领带。
- When will the plane take off / land? 飞机几点起飞/降落?
- I know you’re hectic, but you should take off / squeeze some time to work out. 我知道你很忙,但是你应该挤出时间,锻炼身体。
- Never associate with bad companions. 别和坏人结交。
- He is an associate professor. 副教授
- NBA=National Basketball Association美国国家篮球协会
- My associate and I will attend the year-end party tomorrow.
明天我和我同事一起来参加年会。
- I took a tour of the World on the Sea last weekend.
上周末我去海上世界逛了一趟。
- She used to be a tour guide, now she is a stay-at-home mum.
她以前是一名导游,现在成了全职妈妈。
- It’s true, because I saw it with my own eyes. 这是真的,因为我亲眼所见。
- Fujian province lies in / is located in the southeastern part of China.
福建省位于中国东南部。
- What’s the specific / exact time? 具体几点钟?
- Practice makes perfect. 熟能生巧。
No one is perfect in the world, so we should learn to appreciate others.
这个世界上没有人是完美的,所以我们应该学会欣赏别人。
- Nighty-night. 晚安。
- A: What’s up? Buddy. 你好吗?
B: Not much=Nothing special, thanks, what about you? 老样子
A: I’m fine, thank you. 我挺好的。
- You’ll get a sunstroke easily, don’t stay long outside.
不要在户外待太久,你很容易中暑的。
- I’m not afraid of getting suntanned. 我不怕晒黑。
- I get a good mastery of English.= I’m proficient in English. 我精通英文。
Dialogue-2 Introduction about the Factory工厂介绍
- One nuclear power plant will be built in my hometown next year.
明年我老家要建一座核电厂。
- My great grandpa is interested in plants and animals.
我的曾祖父对养花草小动物感兴趣。
- New China was set up / established in 1949. 新中国成立于1949年。
- The 20th anniversary of our marriage will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel
this Saturday evening.
我们20周年纪念结婚纪念日将会于本周六晚上在四季酒店举办。
- Like father like son. Like mother like daughter.
有其父必有其子。有其母必有其女。
- I think this calls for a celebration. 这个得庆祝一下。
- Congratulations.=Congrats. 恭喜恭喜。
- one third =1/3; two thirds =2/3; one second= 1/2
- One eleventh is about 9 per cent. 1/11就等于9%
- He was grown up in a shanty town. 他在棚户区长大。
- The cost of raw materials has been rocketing these days.
近来原材料成本在疯长。Rocket= go up sharply迅速上升
- It’s not rocket science. 没那么难。
- I work on night shift. 我上晚班。
- You should learn how to control your emotions. 你应该学会控制情绪。
- You need to stay calm when going through customs.
过海关的时候,你要保持镇定。
- The application of his visa to the Uinted States has been rejected.
他申请去美国的签证被驳回,被拒绝。
- He is so bold, even refused to work overtime.
他太胆大了,竟然拒绝加班。
- You should learn to make the bed. 你要学着整理床铺。
- She is the cheerleader of our basketball team.
她是我们篮球队的啦啦队队长。
Make the team成为球队的一员,被接纳为队员
- What’s the meaning of the phrase in bold? 这个黑体的短语是什么意思?
- Let’s take a break. 我们休息一下。
- Give me a break. 饶了我吧。
- You’re working so hard, you should have a rest.
你太拼了,你应该休息一下。